Drug Inspector Exam Pattern (Paper Pattern & Qualifying Criteria:)
Drug Inspector is a rewarding career option for Pharmacy candidate. You can get into the post of Drug Inspector on the basis of written test. Drug Inspector exam is conducted by UPSC and also various state PSCs on an annual basis.
Eligibility for Exam:
- You should have degree in pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences or medicine with specialization in clinical pharmacology or microbiology from a recognized university or must hold equivalent pharmacy degree which should be from PCI approved college.
- You should have a minimum of 18 months experience in the manufacturing field. Many states do not require these criteria.
- Age limit of the applicants must be between 21 years and 35 years.
- Relaxation of 5 years is allowed for reserved category candidates.
- You should be Indian citizens.
Questions can be expected from the following topics.
Paper I: Pharmacy
Pharmacy Act, 1948
Drug price Control Order, 1995
Poison Act, 1919 and Dangerous Drugs Act, 1930
Medical and Toilet preparation Act, 1955
Trade Mark Registration Act
Medical termination of pregnancy Act, 1971
Drugs and Magic Remedy Act, 1954
Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act
Tablet and Tablet Coating
Emulsion, Suspension, Ointment and Cream
Blood Fluid and Electrolytes
Parental preparation and Quality Control
Classification, mode of action, adverse effects, drug interactions , basic pharmacology and toxicology.
Structure, IUPAC name, Storage and Preparation of all category of drugs
Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy
Storage condition of drug
handling of prescription
Anatomy, Physiology & Health Education
First Aid and Population Control
Paper II: General Knowledge
The Paper II shall consist of general studies and mental ability questions. The candidates should also prepare for the General Science questions which include recent developments in the field of Science & Technology. The next topics for study under this section include the Current Events of National and International Importance. This includes the following topics of study: History, Geography and general knowledge about particular state